August 25, 2020 10:00 AM
The health and safety of our campus is a shared responsibility.
All members of the Western community are required to wear non-medical masks or face coverings indoors in the presence of others, and in common and shared spaces. This includes corridors, lobbies, washrooms, elevators, classrooms, teaching laboratories, meeting rooms, libraries, or any area where physical distancing is a challenge. Western is supplying all employees and students with washable Western-branded masks.
For those with approved accommodations who are unable to wear a mask, Western will provide a face shield.
- Undergraduate students will receive two masks that can be picked up at the Great Hall (Somerville House) from Aug. 31 to Sept. 18 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Great Hall will remain open over the Labour Day long weekend.
- Students living in residence will receive an additional two masks upon move in.
- Graduate students should contact their supervisor or faculty supply requisitioner to receive their masks.
- Accommodation requests can be made via Accessible Education.
- Western employees will be supplied with three masks from their supervisors when returning to campus.
- Accommodation request can be made via Employee Well-being.
Together, let’s approach the year ahead with kindness, patience and respect for one another.