Mandatory Proof of Vaccination Status and Policy
August 26, 2021 3:00 PM
Dear Students and Colleagues of the Western, Brescia, Huron and King’s Community,
Shortly you will receive an email with a customized link from “Western University” and the subject line “Action Required: COVID-19 Mandatory Proof of Vaccination Status”.
All members of the community must upload proof of vaccination by September 7. Those who have not provided proof that they are fully vaccinated have until October 12 to submit proof of full vaccination and will be required to be tested for COVID-19 twice per seven-day period in the interim to attend campus, with results submitted to the University.
Individuals must receive their second dose no later than September 28, 2021, to be considered fully vaccinated by October 12, 2021.
Following the directive from the Council of Ontario Medical Officers of Health, only in rare circumstances may individuals be granted an exemption for medical reasons and other grounds protected under the Ontario Human Rights Code. Individuals granted an exemption will be required to undergo testing, with test results submitted to the University.
Student/ Employee Statement of Medical Exemption Form
Student Statement of Creed/Religious Exemption Form
Employee Statement of Creed/Religious Exemption Form
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org for students and email@example.com for employees. For more information on Western’s testing and vaccination centre and enhanced safety measures please visit www.uwo.ca/coronavirus.
Safety on our campus is a community effort. If we all do our part, we can begin to return to the Western experiences everyone in our community values so greatly.
Dr. Sarah Prichard, Interim Provost & Vice-President (Academic)
Lynn Logan, Vice-President (Operations & Finance)
CONTACTS AND SUPPORTS
- New students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of the Registrar: www.registrar.uwo.ca/services/contact_us.html
- Graduate students: https://grad.uwo.ca/administration/directory.html
- Residence inquiries: email@example.com
- International students: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health-related inquiries: email@example.com or 519-661-3030
- Student Support & Case Management: firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-661-2111 x89152
- Well-being supports: Confidential services through Morneau Shepell called LifeWorks
- Health-related inquiries: Contact your family doctor, Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000, or Workplace Health at Western at 519-661-2047
- Accessibility needs: email@example.com
- Other inquiries: Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
AFFILIATED UNIVERSITY COLLEGES