COVID-19 Testing on campus
Updated January 15, 2021
COVID-19 TESTING ON CAMPUS
You can now use an online booking tool to schedule appointments at the Western COVID-19 Testing Centre in advance. Any registered student and current employee with an active Western username and password can book an appointment using the online booking tool. At this time, an appointment is not required. You can still walk-in to get a test.
NOTE: A Western ID number is required to book online.
Upcoming Western COVID-19 Testing Centre hours:
- Monday, Jan. 18 through Friday, Jan. 22 – Open 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Please access the testing centre using Western Student Recreation Centre’s accessible entrance facing Huron Drive.
Western students, staff and faculty are eligible to get COVID-19 test at the Western COVID-19 Testing Centre (located in the Western Student Recreation Centre) if they:
- Have symptoms of COVID-19
- Have been notified by public health or the COVID Alert app they have been exposed to a confirmed COVID-19 case
- Have been directed to receive a test by a physician (eg. those undergoing cancer treatment or who require a test as part of pre-operative planning)
- Are required to take a test after arriving from abroad and completing quarantine
- Are required to take a test before boarding an international flight***
*** Effective January 15, Western's testing site will not be providing pre-travel COVID-19 tests. This is in compliance with the change in testing criteria from the Ministry of Health and will be the same day that local Assessment Centre sites stop providing tests for this purpose. The list of locations providing private, pre-travel COVID-19 testing can be found here: https://covidtestinglm.ca/london-locations-covid-19-testing-for-international-travel/. Currently, the closest location to campus to get a COVID-19 test for travel is the London Travel Clinic at 520 Sarnia Road.
Student Health Care Clinic: Symptomatic patients requiring a physician's assessment can book a virtual visit with a doctor. Follow-up examination and testing in person may be scheduled at the doctor's discretion, which may include a COVID-19 test. To book an appointment, please call the Student Health Care Clinic at 519-661-3030.